Specializing in Youth, Teens, & Adults
Hi, I’m Gina Mead (she/her), a Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate, Nationally Certified Counselor and Mental Health Clinical Associate at Spectrum Connections Therapy. I earned my Master’s in Clinical Mental Health from Adams State University. My focus during graduate school was working with clients experiencing grief, trauma, and loss. Additionally, I have many years of experience working with neurodivergent youth, adolescents, and families in school-based settings. At Spectrum Connections Therapy, I focus on supporting neurodivergent individuals and families living with autism spectrum, ADHD, trauma, OCD, grief, and anxiety. I also have a special interest in working with youth and adolescents who struggle with anxiety, perfectionism, self-harm, and challenges with social skills that can often accompany neurodivergence.
Gina Mead, M.A., LPCC, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate
National Certified Counselor
Gina is currently
accepting new clients.
I believe there is an innate ability within each of us to grow, heal, and thrive. Through a trauma-informed and identity-affirming approach, I work with clients to bolster their ability to cope and regulate with challenging emotional experiences, difficult life transitions, and self-exploration. I offer an individualized, person-centered, integrative approach to therapy, helping clients to navigate life’s challenges utilizing evidence-based interventions and modalities. Together, we’ll explore your needs, identify your goals for therapy, and create a roadmap for healing and growth.
My experience in providing individual, family and group services is grounded in promoting resiliency and skill-building while focusing on strengths. As a parent of two adolescents, I know first-hand how difficult it can be to find appropriate support, and how challenging it is to be a young person and also a parent in today’s world. I endeavor to provide a compassionate, non-judgmental space where clients feel seen and heard and where everyone is welcome, and everyone belongs. Ultimately, I consider the therapeutic relationship sacred, and it is an honor to be invited to walk alongside my clients during times of difficulty. I look forward to connecting with you soon, to hear more about how I can be of support.
In my therapy toolbox, I can offer a broad range of trauma-informed and evidence-based therapy approaches to treatment. At Spectrum Connections Therapy, sessions will be individualized to include any of the following therapeutic interventions:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) & Trauma-Focused CBT
- Play Therapy
- Exposure Based Therapies and ERP (Exposure Response Prevention): for all forms of Anxiety, Phobias, and OCD
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Movement Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
Helping you move forward...
Professional & Advanced Training Experience:
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T)
- Trauma Responsive Training
- Positive Youth Development
- Sources of Strength Suicide Prevention
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Dynamic Mindfulness (trauma-responsive)
- Mindfulness & Non-Violent Communication
- Certified Yoga Instructor (trauma-responsive)
- Grief Movement Guide
- Grief Counselor at Judi’s House
- Social Emotional Lead for Douglas County School District
- Social Emotional Mindfulness Instructor for Douglas County School District
- Special Education Assistant for Douglas County School District
Educational Experience, Certifications & Licensure:
- Bachelors: University of Colorado at Boulder, Business Administration with Marketing emphasis
- Masters: Adams State University, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (Colorado) LPCC. 0020685
- National Certified Counselor NCC. 1726711