Meet Dr. Nicole Gurash
Hi, I’m Dr. Nicole Gurash, the Owner and Founder of Spectrum Connections Therapy. I am an experienced Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Clinical Behavior Analyst and hold a Doctorate in Psychology. I have been in private practice since 2013. As a neurodiversity specialist, I provide mental health support for adolescents, teens, adults, and parents living with Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Anxiety, OCD, and Trauma.
Essentially, clients come to me to help them navigate the toll it takes being neurodiverse in a neurotypical world, learn how to manage their anxiety and/or OCD, heal from trauma, gain guidance in parenting neurodivergent children, and to work with the whole family system towards supporting healthy, balanced, and connected relationships. In addition to my behavioral background, I also work from a relational, family systems lens. My therapy approach always strives to support cultivating a healthy, balanced, and connected relationship with yourself and your loved ones. My work is neurodiversity-affirming and trauma-informed.
Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D.)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Clinical Behavior Analyst #1-14-9539
AAMFT Clinical Fellow
My therapy approach has been described as compassionate, curious, kind, genuine, patient, and safe. All of us tend to acquire unhelpful patterns in how we think, feel, and act. This is true for all ages and stages in life and you are not alone. Often these unhelpful patterns develop instinctively as we try to make sense of our experiences and as we seek safety during times of stress, imbalance, chaos, and disconnect. The goal of therapy is not to fix you, but rather to provide a safe space for you to explore these unhelpful coping skills while supporting you to make meaningful shifts to manage your own internal and external experiences.
Essentially, my work centers on helping individuals and families settle into life’s stuck moments, choosing a direction while learning new skills, and then taking action towards living a more meaningful life they value. My intention is to validate and normalize your neurodiverse experiences in a world that, more often than not, doesn’t truly get it. In our work together, we will explore how you can better attune to your own needs and relationships. We will get curious about how you can live more authentically without masking, while regulating your nervous system, and cultivating emotional safety within yourself and with your loved ones. Your story matters here, and it would be my privilege to hold space for it. My promise to you is to show up fully in our sessions together while honoring your own individual needs. I look forward to joining with you on your own self-discovery journey towards behavioral and relational wellness.
Helping you move forward...
Essentially in my therapy toolbox, I can offer a broad range of trauma-informed and evidence-based therapy approaches to treatment. Therapy sessions will be individualized to include any of the following therapeutic interventions:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) & Trauma-Focused CBT
- Exposure Based Therapies and ERP (Exposure Response Prevention): for all forms of Anxiety, Phobias, and OCD
- EMDR Therapy for PTSD and Complex Trauma
- Family Therapy & Parent Coaching
- Gottman Method for Relationships
- Social Skills Support
It is always my goal to bring compassion, curiosity, kindness, a bit of playfulness, and grounded intentionality to each of our visits. My passion is helping neurodivergent individuals and families move forward in a meaningful and balanced way. I understand that finding the right therapist for you is important and that “goodness of fit” is the best indicator of you being able to meet your therapy goals. Please contact me for your free 20-minute phone consultation.
Professional & Advanced Training Experience:
- Private Practice Owner since 2013
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) Clinical Fellow
- Community Mental Health & Educational Settings
- Adjunct Graduate Psychology Professor
- EMDR Trained by Maiberger Institute (Level 1 and 2)
- Completed AAMFT 30-Hour Approved Supervisor Training
- Gottman Method for Couples: Completed Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CAMS-Care Trained: Evidence-Based Treatment for Preventing Suicide
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Autism & EMDR Modifications: EMDRIA Approved Training
- IOCDF Pediatric BTTI Intensive Training
- ERP Modifications for Autism Spectrum & OCD- New England Center for OCD & Anxiety
Educational Experience, Certifications & Licensure:
- Bachelors: Psychology and Education (Loyola Marymount University)
- Masters: Early Childhood Special Education (CU Denver)
- Post Graduate: Applied Behavior Analysis (CU Denver)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.): Summa Cum Laude (California Southern University)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Research
- Post-Doctoral Internship with Denver Family Institute
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Colorado): LMFT #0002102
- Clinical Behavior Analyst: #1-14-9539
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow